Prior to set up his law office in Thailand, he worked in USA and an international law firm and audit firm in Thailand, specializing in several legal and tax aspects including a corporate law, tax planning as well as international taxation. He also was a Partner of one of the big five audit firms, head of tax and legal services. He served for many years as associate lawyer in an international law firm and an Executive Vice President, head of Legal and Tax Division of a financial institution. Chanok has lectured in taxation and laws in several universities and various seminars in Thailand and offshore for over ten years. He is a member of the Thai Bar Association since 1984. He has extensive experience in the following areas:
• Taxation. Responsible for tax advice in relation to corporate income tax, valued-added tax, specific business tax, stamp duty in Thailand and the international tax treaty structuring for a legal entity in compliance with tax implications. Tax planning for a corporate entity in order to minimize tax liabilities. Preparing a tax advice in international levels including a double tax treaty issue. Planning and Advising tax incentives under special laws such as BOI and IEAT laws. Tax planning in compliance with debt restructuring plan and rehabilitation process.
• Corporate and securities. Having experience in relation to business purchase transactions e.g. drafting business purchase agreement and other relevant agreements, preparing check list on the transaction, etc. Involved in various share sale and purchase transactions including tax planning. Responsible for legal advice for a number of corporate clients on listing process and pre-restructure of companies planning to float their shares in the Thai Stock Market. Involved in various corporate restructure plans.
• Banking & finance. Preparing and revising contracts related to banking and finance laws. Giving opinion for a Bank of Thailand, SET & SEC laws related to a finance company. Review a non-performing loan portfolio for a further legal action. Reviewing and drafting correspondence to be submitted to the Bank of Thailand, Securities Exchange of Thailand, Securities Exchange Commission, and other authorities.
• General Commercial Advice. Drafting numerous types of commercial contracts. Conducting legal research on general legal issues. Giving legal advice on banking & finance law, corporate securities issues such as taking over, Employee Stock Option Program, BOI, IEAT matters and etc. Conducting due diligence work for many types of company such as finance and securities companies, trading company, manufacturing company, and etc.
• Law Degree
- Bachelor of Laws, Thammasat University, Bangkok Thailand
- Master of Laws in Business & Taxation, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio,
• Business Degree
- Master of Business Administration, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
- Micro Master of Tax Administration (the highest grade, Honor), Bangkok
Training Center, Bangkok, Thailand;
- Certificate of Advanced Tax Accounting, the Central Tax Court, Bangkok
- Certificate of Informative Business Letters, Sasin Graduate Institute of
Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand;
- Certificate of Accounting for Executives, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok,
• Member Thai Bar Association since 1984
• Fully qualified lawyer in Thailand
Thai / English